Title

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > schools in ny

Dennis Garcia

hi ive been looking for a kenpo school in ny i live in Queens ny can anyone help

January 20, 2012 at 11:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John

Hi Denis,

What part of Queens are you in and are you looking for any particular type of Kenpo school such as Tracy's, EPAK, or other?

January 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dennis Garcia

John at January 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Hi Denis,

What part of Queens are you in and are you looking for any particular type of Kenpo school such as Tracy's, EPAK, or other?

Mr. Annunziata, how are you Sir? I live in Jamaica aka Briarwood Queens NY. I was studying Ed Parker American Kenpo under Mr. Norman Sandler but had to stop my studies. I now need to continue my studies but lost touch with Mr. Sandler.I hope you canhelp me. Kenpo to me is the greatest karate style.Kenpo is a hard school to find here in NY. Thank You for your time Sir. waiting for your response.

January 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John

Dennis Garcia at January 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Hi Denis,

Mr. Annunziata, how are you Sir? I live in Jamaica aka Briarwood Queens NY. I was studying Ed Parker American Kenpo under Mr. Norman Sandler but had to stop my studies. I now need to continue my studies but lost touch with Mr. Sandler.I hope you canhelp me. Kenpo to me is the greatest karate style.Kenpo is a hard school to find here in NY. Thank You for your time Sir. waiting for your response.

Hi Dennis,

Ok, you have several options if you can secure transportation, none if you can't. I guess that's life on Long Island though. I wish I were able to help you personally, but I live out east near Stony Brook and that's just too far. However, on Merrick Road in Bellmore, probably a 20 minute or so drive from you, there is an amazing American Kenpo school called Red Dragon Karate. http://www.reddragonstudio.com/index.html. The owner is Christopher Babel, a 6th degree black belt . He runs a great program and is very knowledgable. Be prepared to hit and get hit. He really trains his students very well and uses hard/heavy contact 100% of the time. He will make sure you are street ready. He comes from the Palanzo lineage with his instructor being Mr. Gary Ronemus of PA. I used to train there when I was younger but it was just too far of a travel for me to continue.

I am familiar with Mr. Sandler and hear he does great work and is a great teacher. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he is under Mr. Tatum's lineage? If you are looking to reconnect with him, I hear he is teaching Amercian Kenpo to Tracy's students in Plainview which is about 35 minutes or so from you by car. He is teaching the instructors at John Busto's school but I don't think he is actually taking on students himself, you would have to check that out.

If you are looking for Tracy's Kenpo, I would personally recommend John Busto's school on Old Bethpage Rd in Plainview http://bustosmartialarts.com/  Mr. Busto is a 5th degree black belt in Tracy's and also incorporates Bart Vale's Shootfighting into his program. He is also an excellent instructor and a very nice guy. Other than these two schools, your choices are limited. I know of a few more American Kenpo schools as you travel further east, but none that are closer to you. I hope this helps.

Yours in Kenpo,

John Annunziata

January 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Dennis Garcia

John at January 25, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Dennis Garcia at January 24, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Hi Denis,

Hi Dennis,

Ok, you have several options if you can secure transportation, none if you can't. I guess that's life on Long Island though. I wish I were able to help you personally, but I live out east near Stony Brook and that's just too far. However, on Merrick Road in Bellmore, probably a 20 minute or so drive from you, there is an amazing American Kenpo school called Red Dragon Karate. http://www.reddragonstudio.com/index.html. The owner is Christopher Babel, a 6th degree black belt . He runs a great program and is very knowledgable. Be prepared to hit and get hit. He really trains his students very well and uses hard/heavy contact 100% of the time. He will make sure you are street ready. He comes from the Palanzo lineage with his instructor being Mr. Gary Ronemus of PA. I used to train there when I was younger but it was just too far of a travel for me to continue.

I am familiar with Mr. Sandler and hear he does great work and is a great teacher. If I'm not mistaken, I believe he is under Mr. Tatum's lineage? If you are looking to reconnect with him, I hear he is teaching Amercian Kenpo to Tracy's students in Plainview which is about 35 minutes or so from you by car. He is teaching the instructors at John Busto's school but I don't think he is actually taking on students himself, you would have to check that out.

If you are looking for Tracy's Kenpo, I would personally recommend John Busto's school on Old Bethpage Rd in Plainview http://bustosmartialarts.com/  Mr. Busto is a 5th degree black belt in Tracy's and also incorporates Bart Vale's Shootfighting into his program. He is also an excellent instructor and a very nice guy. Other than these two schools, your choices are limited. I know of a few more American Kenpo schools as you travel further east, but none that are closer to you. I hope this helps.

Yours in Kenpo,

John Annunziata

thank you for your time in answering. I hope that I will be able to locaate Mr. Sandler as well and I will look into the schools your mentioned. Again thank You Sir.

January 25, 2012 at 11:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

John

No problem. If you choose one of those schools or need addresses and phone numbers to them, let me know.

January 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Dennis Garcia

John at January 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM

No problem. If you choose one of those schools or need addresses and phone numbers to them, let me know.

thank you for your help. I will looking into both schools and I hope to see Mr. Sandler too.

January 25, 2012 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.