Title

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Events

Rob Broad

Who has an event coming up?  Camps, seminars, gradings or tournaments, lets share what is going on.

--

Quality outweighs quantity everytime

Rob Broad

November 22, 2010 at 2:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob Broad

My School Attended its first event of 2011 this past weekend.   12 members of the school travelled 3 hours through hostile weather to compete in a tournament.  Our 12 competitors  brought home 21 trophies and 12 medals.  I am very proud of all my students who competed.

IKKA members Scot Herbert, Teresa Amy and Lori Broad all did an awesome job representing Dynamic Academy of Martial Arts and the IKKA.

--

Rob Broad

January 27, 2011 at 1:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob Broad

Our next Event is our 4th Annual Kick-A-Thon.  50% of all money raised will go to the Canadian Cancer Society, the next 25% will go into into prizes for the participants, what ever is left will purchase new equipment for the school.

The Kick-A-Thon will be held on Saturday February 5th.  Two of my daughters will be having their long hair cut that day for the Lock For Love Charity to make wigs for Cancer Patients.

--

Rob Broad

January 27, 2011 at 1:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Joe Whelan
Congratulations!!! To Dynamic Kenpo and Prof. Rob Broad for a job well done..you guys represent the IKKA well. Joe Whelan IKKA president
January 27, 2011 at 7:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob Broad

Today February 5th 2011 Dynamic Academy Of Martial Arts had 30 of its students show up for the annual Kick - A- Thon to raise momey for the Canadian Cancer Society.  The members of the school threw 86 952 kicks in 4 hours.

IKKA Members were present and racked up the following numbers:

Scot Herbert - 1001 kicks

Teresa Amy - 6101 kicks

Adam Dramnitzke - 7101 kicks

Alexandra Beveridge - 1401 kicks

Of special note my daughter Maddie Gibson set a new school record with 8101 kicks, and my daughts Lindsay and Shayna threw 2001 & 3401 kicks respectively and this is after they each had over 12 inches of hair cut off to donate to Locks for Love to make wigs for Cancer patients.

We figure with 25 more members of the school that still have kicks to throw we will have a little over $1000 to donate tot he Canadian Cancer Society

--

Rob Broad

February 5, 2011 at 7:36 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joe Whelan

I would like to recognize Dynamic Kenpo and Rob Broad for this wonderful event...we are proud to call him a member of the IKKA.. 

February 6, 2011 at 3:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

paul dyer

the fargo all martial arts seminar raising money to defeat cancer this year in october 8/9 here in Fargo, North Dakota all is welcome please contact me if you are coming it will be at the holiday inn , Also Iwill be in Canada giving a seminar this september dates to be announced, This april I am going to an womens shelter in Pennslvanaia to give a week self defense clinic. more to come for the proud member of the IKKA if you are a Ikka member and would be interested in helping me please let me know forever brothers in arms

February 10, 2011 at 7:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob Broad
On March 13th 10 students from Dynamic Academy Of Martial Arts attended a tournament in Acton, ON. Of special note, Scot Herbert, Teresa Amy, Adam Dramnitzke and my self all competed at this event. I am very proud of the stydents from my school who go out and show what kenpo is all about.
--

Rob Broad

March 22, 2011 at 3:20 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rob Broad

This past weekend March 18 - 20, 2011 Dynamic Academy Of Martial Arts Hosted it's 4th annual Boot Camp.  It was a fun event with over 14 hours of training.  Jason Arnold 5th degree Black taught 3 classes on Friday, Jamie seabrook 6th Degree taught 3 classes on Saturday witha really great sparring class and awesome class on understanding short form 3.  Matt Trejo, 3rd degree ( student of Jamie Seabook's student) taught a great class on on Striking set on saturday.  I yaught 3 classes on Saturday and a pair of weapons classes on the Sunday.  Therew was good Kenpo, good food, good times and good friends at this event.

I was surprised on Saturday when I was presented with an Ed Parker Jr. portrait by my wife and students.

--

Rob Broad

March 22, 2011 at 3:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.